Sunday, March 25, 2012

Making Fabric Lollies!

Aren't these the cutest little things? I've been cutting Scallop Squares from the new Summer Smooches fabric (from the new catalog sneak peak collection available April 1st) and I couldn't BEAR to throw away the scraps so I decided to make these fabric lollies.
The first thing I did was take a 1"X 4.5" rectangle of fabric and fold it in half (right sides together). I sewed the 1" sides together to form a loop. The next part is difficult to explain. I folded the top edge to meet the bottom edge, wrong sides togetherI used gathering stitches around the raw edge and pulled it tight. To finish the lollie I thought I'd add a button or brad in the middle. Here's a picture of the scallop squares that I cut out of the Summer Smooches fabric. I have a feeling I'll be buying a lot more of this fabric!





















No comments:

Post a Comment