Thursday, March 1, 2012

Just Because



Hello All! Lately I have been trying to use up the 2010-2012 In Colors since they will be retiring at the end of May. I got the sketch design for this card from The Paper Players. I used Confetti White for the card base, Concord Crush for the large layer, Pear Pizzaz for the middle layer, and Peach Parfait for the tag and inked image down the middle. I used the same image from the Circle Circus stamp set to add interest to the card base. The middle section was textured with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. The Peach Parfait label is punched from the Decorative Label punch. I punched a complete label out and stuck it to a sticky note so I could punch it again to make it smaller. I used the same technique on the "just because" with the Word Window punch. Sticky notes are very handy tools in your crafting area. The last item I used is Linen Thread on the label.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet way to use those In Colors! So glad you played with my Paper Players sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the embossed panels and the decorative label for the sentiment. The color combo is very fun, too! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at the Paper Players! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the embossing! It adds so much texture. Great color combination, too! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, the embossing sets it off so nicely. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete