Friday, March 9, 2012

Upline Challenge

Hello Everyone!


Today's inspiration comes from my Demonstrator Group's monthly swap. Our challenge was to find inspiration from a Stampin' Up! publication. It could be a direct copy, a variation, something that uses the same technique, or whatever you are inspired to make thanks to someone else’s idea. I decided to use the format of a card from the Idea Book and Catalog. My card is a version of the middle project found on page 98 of the IBC. The card base is 6" square, folded in the middle to make a 6" X 3" card in Poppy Parade. If you look, you will see that there is a score line 1/8" around the perimeter of the card. I just used my Simply Scored to achieve this element. The flower image is from the Season of Friendship stampset. I used Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze, and So Safron ink. The inside brads are Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, and So Saffron from the Subtles Collection. The Decorative Label was punched from So Saffron. The sentiment is from the Flight of the Butterfly stampset. I love that I'm not locked into using the same images others have used. I look through my stamp sets and find stamps that will work with other people's designs. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, just tweek it a little. : ) Happy Creating (or copying!)

No comments:

Post a Comment