Saturday, August 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Anyone?

No, I'm not getting ready for any holidays yet. I'm not even ready for back-to-school! I saw this challenge on colourQ (challenge #45) and thought that it would work well with this stamp set. The layout came from Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge 293.

I am really enjoying doing these color challenges. They get me out of my comfort zone and put colors together that I ordinarily wouldn't. The color combination here is Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso, and Whisper White. I used the Sweetheart stamp set. I textured the Regal Rose cardstock with Petals-a-Plenty Embossing folder. To get the depth of color in the heart, I inked the folder with Whisper White Craft Ink before I textured the paper. I then used the Full Heart Punch get the exact placement I wanted of the petals.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card! thanks for playing the CQC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What a great idea to use the EF for the heart---really gives it a fun texture and lots of interest!!!

    ReplyDelete